FACILITIES FOR INVESTMENTS
The variety of natural resources
An important tourism potential
A diversified economic infrastructure, which is capable to assume production, tasks from a large number of offers.
A well-trained manpower that is capable to efficiently use the most advanced technologies.
Large possibilities for river and maritime navigation, Constanta being the greatest port to the Black Sea, a situation which is to be related to the fact that through the Danube-Black Sea Canal and the Rhine ñMain-Danube Canal, a direct link is provided between the North Sea and the Port of Constanta, taking in consideration all the economic advantages resulting therefrom for very many states in Europe and outside it.
One of the essential conditions for the achievement of the reform in Romania is the boosting of the economy. This requires a considerable investment contribution. In this sense, the efforts of the Romanian State are oriented towards the creation of a juristic and institutional framework as attractive and stimulating as possible.
Added to these are also a number of natural and human factors that place Romania in a particularly favorable situation:
- A privileged geographical position in Europe which permits the access both to the markets in the Central and Western Europe, and to those in the Community of Independent States, and the Middle East.
"With the likely conclusion of the I.M.F. and World Bank deals, I think it is a good time for American people to take a new look at investment opportunities here. A lot has happened for the good in the last six months, particularly the acceleration of privatization."
the American Ambassador to Romania
|The Investors in Romania shall benefit by the following guarantees and facilities:
- Possibilities of making investments in any field and in any juridical form provided by the law.
- Equality of treatment for Romanian or foreign investors whether resident or non-resident in Romania
- Guarantees against nationalization, expropriation or other measures with an equivalent effect.
- Fiscal and customs facilities
- Aid concerning the running through administrative formalities.
- Customs and fiscal facilities,
custom duties and VAT exemptions for in kind contribution to the registered capital of a company and for the technological equipment considered depreciable assets, fiscal deductibility of the depreciation.
- Right to conversion of the profit in "lei" due to the investment as well as to the transfer of the currency of the investment into the original currency of the investment as well as to the transfer of the currency to the country of origin.
- Possibility of using accelerated depreciation.
- Possibility of employing foreign citizens etc.
- Any investor, who is a resident or non-resident juristic person, may acquire any real rights on movables and real property.
These and other legal provision of the same nature constitute as many arguments and incentives for all real or potential Romanian and foreign investors interested in the turning to good account of their capitals and enterprising capacities in Romania.